Bug Found in Version 13

Discussion about JFreeChart related to stockmarket charts.
ravionweb

Bug Found in Version 13

Post by ravionweb » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:05 am

Hi,

1) When I a use SegmentedTimeLine.newMondayThroughFridaySegmentedTimeLine() method in my candlestick implementation I find that display of few months miss. Although the plotting on the chart is perfect but few months vanish.
I have tried removing the method and implementing, it works perfect but then I dont need saturday and sunday as it represents stock data.

2) The above method still plots any non trading days between Monday and Friday.

Can I get a fix on this?

Your's
Ravi

kingguppy

Post by kingguppy » Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:54 pm

Can you post some example code that demonstrates the problem? I might be able to help. I have one suspicion: Do the missing months correspond in some way to a change to/from Daylight Saving Time in your timezone?

ravionweb

Code

Post by ravionweb » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:44 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Infact didnt open the forum for a long time after not getting a response. The code where we are using the method is

SegmentedTimeline segmentedTimeline = SegmentedTimeline.newMondayThroughFridayTimeline();
DateAxis domainAxis = new DateAxis("", segmentedTimeline);
domainAxis.setVerticalTickLabels(true);
//domainAxis.setTickMarkPosition(DateTickMarkPosition.START);
ValueAxis rangeAxis=new NumberAxis();
//HighLowDataset dataset=new DefaultHighLowDataset("Stocks",date,high,low,open,close,volume);
HighLowDataset dataset=new DefaultHighLowDataset("Stocks",date,high,low,open,close,volume);
CandlestickRenderer candleRenderer=new CandlestickRenderer();
candleRenderer.setDrawVolume(false);
XYPlot plot = new XYPlot(dataset, domainAxis,rangeAxis,candleRenderer);
NumberAxis pieRangeAxis=(NumberAxis)plot.getRangeAxis();
plot.setRangeAxisLocation(AxisLocation.TOP_OR_RIGHT);
pieRangeAxis.setAutoRangeIncludesZero(false);
//indSeries=(new com.analysis.util.CustomIndicators()).createIndicatorsSeries(onIndicators,date,open,high,low,close,volume,null);
TimeSeries elliotSeries=new CustomIndicators().createIndicatorsSeries("24",date,null,high,low,null,null,indicatorParams);

We are in dire need to solve this. I would really appreciate a help on this.

Your's
Ravi

kingguppy

Post by kingguppy » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:31 pm

Can you please post some more code, which shows the data that you're using (and can preferably be compiled and run to see the problem)? The construction code doesn't have any problems that are obvious to me, though I don't know what the "com.analysis.util.CustomIndicators" class does.

ravionweb

Working Fine with version .14 and .15

Post by ravionweb » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:05 am

Thanks King for your help extended to me. The problem seems to have been resolved with the new versions of JFreeChart
Ravi