Work in progress version of Eastwood not on SourceForge?

A discussion forum for the Eastwood Chart Servlet.
jmcmahon

Work in progress version of Eastwood not on SourceForge?

Post by jmcmahon » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:38 pm

I've noticed there has been no commits to the Sourceforge project SVN. I'm currently using Eastwood in a project and I need to add settable grid functionally to Eastwood. I just wanted to make sure before I took the time and effort to do so that there wasn't some alternate repository that might have a unreleased code that already implemented this.

Thanks.

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader
antibot: No, of course not.

Post by david.gilbert » Thu May 01, 2008 9:08 am

No, there isn't much in the way of work-in-progress, except that last week I took a look at the outstanding bugs and played around a little with fixing them. Once JFreeChart 1.0.10 is released, I hope to get an updated version of Eastwood done, hopefully including some of the new features that got included in the Google Chart API since it was first released.

I'd be happy to accept contributions to Eastwood, if there is any code you wanted to submit. But it would require a copyright assignment from you (to Object Refinery Limited) because Eastwood is partially funded by a client and they want to retain licensing flexibility. I fully understand that you might not be willing to contribute under those terms, though. That said, I'm personally committed to ensuring that all the code *I* write for Eastwood is licensed under the AGPLv3 or later.
David Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

:idea: Read my blog
:idea: Support JFree via the Github sponsorship program

jmcmahon

Post by jmcmahon » Thu May 01, 2008 7:53 pm

Thanks for the reply David.

My problem is that vertical grid lines were not lining up with my points and where instead doing the default 10 spacing.

If I add "domainAxis.setAutoRange(true);" It fixes my problem. However it would be nice to add actual parsing of the grid string, I think I may have underestimated the problem. Is there a way in Jfreechart to manually setup up the gridlines? Because if that isn't implemented in Jfreechart this is a much larger problem then I thought. I saw this post http://www.jfree.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... =gridlines and I read it as gridlines can not be set manually yet, but I could be misreading.

However I could be missing some obvious object as I've only been playing with Jfreechart for about 2 days now.