createScatterPlot Problem

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
LS05
antibot: No, of course not.

createScatterPlot Problem

Post by LS05 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Hi,
I i'm using createScatterPlot within a client server application. when the client request the chart creation, the server creates it but i've got a problem.
When from the client applet i click "Create chart", then when the server reach the createScatterPlot instruction it opens up a blank new frame but with nothing visible ( i simply see that appears a new applet like icon in the dashboard like when you run an applet).
How can i do to not open up this new blank "applet" ?

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

Re: createScatterPlot Problem

Post by david.gilbert » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:45 pm

You have no chance of getting an answer to this question, there are so many important details missing. I also suspect that your issue is not JFreeChart specific...but I cannot tell for sure.
David Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

:idea: Read my blog
:idea: Support JFree via the Github sponsorship program

LS05

Post by LS05 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 am

this is the instruction that opens up a new frame:

Code: Select all

JFreeChart chart = ChartFactory.createScatterPlot("Scatter Plot Demo 1", "X", "Y", dataset, PlotOrientation.VERTICAL, true, false, false);

matinh

Post by matinh » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:50 pm

No, this is the instruction that creates a new chart object. This doesn't open any "new frame".
There are still too many informations missing. And I'm with David here: this is probably not a JFreeChart problem.

- martin

LS05

Post by LS05 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:43 pm

LS05 wrote:this is the instruction that opens up a new frame:

Code: Select all

JFreeChart chart = ChartFactory.createScatterPlot("Scatter Plot Demo 1", "X", "Y", dataset, PlotOrientation.VERTICAL, true, false, false);
I've said that cause when i debug the code after this instruction i've got a new frame opening. Just when i pass this instruction. If you have time you can see the code that creates the chart here http://pastebin.com/fMrcQGyx ;)

John Matthews

Post by John Matthews » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:52 am

Your example is not complete. For reference, a number of complete examples may be found here.