JFreeChart popup menu "Properties"- MissingResourceException

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
AjitPS
antibot: No, of course not.

JFreeChart popup menu "Properties"- MissingResourceException

Post by AjitPS » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi,
I'm using the new JFreeChart-FSE jar and it works very well. However, when I right-click to go to the Popup Menu and click on the "Properties" popup menu item, I get the following Exception:

Code: Select all

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name org.jfree.ui.LocalizationBundle, locale en_GB
Can anyone please help me out with this ? Where is the org.jfree.ui.LocalizationBundle bundle located in JFreeChart-FSE ? I never got this MissingResource exception with the older JFreeChart jars. How can I fix this ?

AjitPS

Re: JFreeChart popup menu "Properties"- MissingResourceExcep

Post by AjitPS » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:05 pm

I do not have org.jfree.ui.LocalizationBundle in the JFreeChart-FSE jar.
The org/jfree/ folder contains just the chart and data folders. There is no ui folder within it.

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

Post by david.gilbert » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:57 pm

Thanks for reporting it. It is fixed now.
David Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

:idea: Read my blog
:idea: Support JFree via the Github sponsorship program

AjitPS

Post by AjitPS » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:38 am

Hi David,
Thanks. I have downloaded the new, updated version of JFreeChart-FSE, built it via Maven & am now using it within my code.

Clicking on "Properties" [in the chart popup menu] now brings up the Properties. However, within that, if you go to the Domain Axis or Range Axis and see the value for Label, it no longer shows the correct x and y-axis lael values. Instead, it shows the details of the AttributedString (as JFreeChart-FSE uses AttributedStrings instead of Strings for axis labels).

It now shows:

java.text.AttributedString@364adedd
instead of showing: "y-axis value".

The main reason I wanted to have the Properties popup menu item on my Chart was to allow me to change the x and y-axis labels on a drawn Chart, if needed. How can we fix it to show the actual String values for the labels instead of the Attributed String ?
Thanks.

AjitPS

Post by AjitPS » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi David, I'm now using the updated version of JFreeChart-FSE jar.

Clicking on "Properties" in the chart's popup menu now brings up the Properties. However, if I then go to the Domain Axis or Range Axis within Properties, the value for axes Labels shows an AttributedString value instead of the actual axis labels. The chart title field however, shows the correct String value. How can I fix this so as to have the axis labels also show their actual values instead of AttributedString values ?

It now shows:

java.text.AttributedString@364adedd
under the Range Axis label within "Properties"; instead of showing my y-axis title which is "y-axis value".

Also, when I edit those AttributedString values that are being displayed for the axes labels and set new String values, the Chart is updated but shows AttributedString values on the axes instead of their String values.

Do you have any suggestions regarding fixing this ?
Thanks.

P.S: If anyone else has encountered this issue with ChartProperties or knows how to rectify this problem, please let me know. Thanks.

AjitPS

Post by AjitPS » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi David,
I have a couple of queries around issues that I'm facing with the AttributedString labels of the domain & range axis. Any feedback from you on this would be very helpful. Thanks. The issues are described here:
http://www.jfree.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=116966