Can we animatie Orson 3D Charts?

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
TEJASC
antibot: No, of course not.

Can we animatie Orson 3D Charts?

Post by TEJASC » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:46 am

Hi,

I started using Orson 3D Charts recently and results are great.
I am generating SVG images for these charts. But, I have got stuck with its animation part (I am trying to animate chart on load).

Had anybody tried animation on these charts, especially, Area and Pie chart.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader
antibot: No, of course not.

Re: Can we animatie Orson 3D Charts?

Post by david.gilbert » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:13 pm

What kind of animation did you have in mind? I'm not that familiar with SVG animations (yet...I will be doing more work with SVG in the coming months) but I think a lot of the "interesting" animations would not be easily done with the SVG rendered for the 3D charts from Java. At the moment I'm working on the SVG export to add some interactivity (linking elements back to their data items on mouse clicks etc), which builds on top of the new interactive features---tooltips and mouse events---that will come in the next Java release (1.3).

You should check out Orson Charts for HTML5 as well. The next release will have a render-to-SVG option and, because it runs directly in the browser (JavaScript), there will be much more scope to add animation features (I plan to work on the interactivity features first though). Here is a pre-release demo of the SVG rendering if you want to try it (it's a bit slower than the canvas rendering, but not too bad on the machines I've tested on so far):

http://www.object-refinery.com/orsoncha ... b_svg.html
David Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

:idea: Read my blog
:idea: Support JFree via the Github sponsorship program