Help using an older versionof Jfreechart (version 0.9.6)

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
TMazzotta

Help using an older versionof Jfreechart (version 0.9.6)

Post by TMazzotta » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:29 am

Hello Dave and team.

We've been using JFreechart for a while now but we haven't upgraded for eons.. The product has been working for us but now we'd like to do a few things that I can't seem to find documentation for that jives with the version we currently have.

We are currently version 0.9.6 and would like to create a few different charts:

- One that looks like this: http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/images/ ... tDemo1.png
- and another that looks like this: http://www.jfree.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=115858

I know I should upgrade to the latest version but I don't have time at this stage to do this. I will budget some time to do it when time does permit.

My first question is can I create either of these charts with version 0.9.6?

How would I get a hold of a copy of the documentation that goes with our version? I had it as a PDF at one time but now I can't seem to find it.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated!
thanks in advance
tom.

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader
antibot: No, of course not.

Re: Help using an older versionof Jfreechart (version 0.9.6)

Post by david.gilbert » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:04 am

Hi Tom,

Wow that's an old version (17-Feb-2003)! Unfortunately I didn't keep copies of the documentation from the pre-1.0 versions. I recall that the API changed a *lot* up until 0.9.21 and then after that the changes became smaller until 1.0 was released in 2005. You are going to be pretty much on your own.

For the charts that you want to create, try the demo programs that were included in the 0.9.6 release (which you can still download from SourceForge):

src/com/jrefinery/chart/demo/BubblePlotDemo.java
src/com/jrefinery/chart/demo/ScatterPlotDemo.java
David Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

:idea: Read my blog
:idea: Support JFree via the Github sponsorship program