JavaFX version at Maven Central

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
jede
antibot: No, of course not.

JavaFX version at Maven Central

Post by jede » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi,

would it be possible to provide a JavaFX version of the latest and upcoming JFreeChart releases at Maven Central? This would make usage of JFreeChart in out JavaFX projects much easier.
Maybe the JavaFX version is not as stable as the Swing version. But for the project it would be great when more people use it and provide feedback, fixes, ...

Anyway, thanks for this great library and for starting the JavaFX port!

Bye, Stefan

jede

Re: JavaFX version at Maven Central

Post by jede » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:13 pm

As a workaround I've build a JavaFX version of JFreeChart 1.0.19 with the included Ant script. When displaying an Chart in the ChartViewer I get tons of CSS warnings such as:

Code: Select all

Dez 06, 2014 11:07:31 PM javafx.scene.CssStyleHelper calculateValue
WARNUNG: Could not resolve '-fx-text-base-color' while resolving lookups for '-fx-text-fill' from rule '*.menu-item>*.label' in stylesheet jar:file:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext/jfxrt.jar!/com/sun/javafx/scene/control/skin/modena/modena.bss
WARNUNG: Could not resolve '-fx-text-base-color' while resolving lookups for '-fx-text-fill' from rule '*.menu-item>*.label' in stylesheet jar:file:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext/jfxrt.jar!/com/sun/javafx/scene/control/skin/modena/modena.bss
WARNUNG: Could not resolve '-fx-color' while resolving lookups for '-fx-background-color' from rule '*.menu-up-arrow' in stylesheet jar:file:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext/jfxrt.jar!/com/sun/javafx/scene/control/skin/modena/modena.bss
WARNUNG: Could not resolve '-fx-color' while resolving lookups for '-fx-background-color' from rule '*.menu-down-arrow' in stylesheet jar:file:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext/jfxrt.jar!/com/sun/javafx/scene/control/skin/modena/modena.bss
I'm using JDK 1.8.0_25 on Mac OS X 10.10.
What's the problem here - is the latest version of JavaFX not supported?

Bye, Stefan

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

Post by david.gilbert » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:16 pm

I don't know what causes this...I will try to take a closer look when I have time.

I will add an item to my TODO list for a Maven build for the JavaFX version.
David Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

:idea: Read my blog
:idea: Support JFree via the Github sponsorship program

jede

Post by jede » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Sounds great - thanks!

jede

Post by jede » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:55 pm

Update on the CSS warnings reported in above comments:
They will be printed when using the ChartViewer inside an Dialog window, I'm currently using the backport of the Dialog API from https://bitbucket.org/controlsfx/openjfx-dialogs.
When using the ChartViewer in a simple Stage window, no warnings will be shown.

jede

Post by jede » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:50 pm

The CSS warnings are probably caused by a JavaFX bug which will be fixed in 8u40 ( https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-38640 ).

jede

Post by jede » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:44 pm

Today I've tested my application with JavaFX 8u40-b22. There are no more CSS warnings, the problem has been fixed there.
The performance of the JavaFX ChartViewer is also much better now. The resizing of the diagram window is very slow, with JavaFX 8u40 it works with the expected speed.

So, everything OK from JFreeChart side.

Bye, Stefan