Change Needle Weight on Meterplot

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
henonchesser
antibot: No, of course not.

Change Needle Weight on Meterplot

Post by henonchesser » Mon May 04, 2015 2:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem right now where the needle on my meterplot is so thin that under certain circumstance (like printing in B&W) it's hardly visible. I've scoured the web (and this forum) for ways to change this, and at best I've found some responses that allow you to edit the java libraries and make the needle longer or shorter. The problem here is that I'm no JAVA expert, I understand the language to some extent but when it comes to packing, unpacking, compiling, and recompiling I'm lost. Is there some method I'm not aware of or can't find in the documentation that allows me to increase the weight (thickness) of the needle?

Some important background information here: I'm working in a ColdFusion environment and creating java objects though CFScript to work with this library. Which, at least for me, is making working with the library slightly difficult.

Small side question: When adding tick labels is it possible to have them appear outside the meterplot? If this is a 'one question per thread' environment let me know and I'll be happy to post it under separate heading.

Thank you!