Setting size to individual charts composing a Combined Chart

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
Rex Feral
antibot: No, of course not.

Setting size to individual charts composing a Combined Chart

Post by Rex Feral » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:06 am

Hi!

I'm working with JFreeChart for an Eclipse plugin so I'm using the ChartComposite to integrate charts into a view.

I'm currently trying to make Combined Chart that will hold many smaller charts depicting signals.

The problem is that the little charts keep resizing each time I change the view/panel's dimension and, initially, they resize to fit all in one window despite my view/panel being scrollable. And that looks bad when I have about 100 charts all trying to fit in.

Is there a way to set all the individual charts, that compose the Combined Chart, to a fixed size/resolution? And if they don't all fit in one window, I should scroll down to see them.

sergo

Re: Setting size to individual charts composing a Combined C

Post by sergo » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:51 am

Also interesting in this information. Any help is appreciated.
Grab you Billy Joel tickets now! Tickets on Billy Joel tour concert are on sale now!

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

Re: Setting size to individual charts composing a Combined C

Post by david.gilbert » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:01 pm

I don't know very much about SWT so I don't know the answer. I presume you are putting the ChartComposite inside a ScrolledComposite? What happens if you call setSize() on the ChartComposite and give it a large vertical size? I didn't try it but I'd guess that would make a big chart that the ScrolledComposite would let you scroll around.
David Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

:idea: Read my blog
:idea: Support JFree via the Github sponsorship program