Customize Gantt Chart

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
ac.arijit
antibot: No, of course not.

Customize Gantt Chart

Post by ac.arijit » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:23 am

Hi,
I'm very new to JFreeChart. I'm working on a project where i need to develop an UI to represent the production schedule data with the help of a gantt chart. I've downloaded the JFreeChart libraries and installed the same, i've downloaded the Gantt Chart Demo 1 and Demo 2 sample provided by jfree.org and i'm able to successfully run the same. Looks good till here.

But now, i need to customize these, for the following needs:
1) a static weekly grid calendar starting from the current date.
2) the Y-axis tasks could vary according to the data available.
3) In the demo 1 and demo 2, there is a zoom-in and zoom-out effect on the chart, which i don't require. I would like to have a horizontal scrollbar instead to scroll onto the further weeks, or if that's not possible then may be i can refresh the chart to show the chart for the next week's data on press of a button.
4) Also i'd like to have few task records to be blank, if no data is available for that task. I mean to show that, there is no scheduled work for a particular task
5) I require custom message as tooltip to show the quantity of work scheduled over the schedule bar on the chart.

I know i'm combining a lot of queries together in one thread, but i'm completely clueless how to proceed as the deadline is near and i'm getting no way out to proceed. I'm stuck. Please Help ASAP
Regards,
Ari