Highlight multiple points by MouseHover / MouseOver

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
blackwodka86
antibot: No, of course not.

Highlight multiple points by MouseHover / MouseOver

Post by blackwodka86 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:53 pm

Hey there,

I am new here and I am not that familiar with JFreeChart and I have a problem. Initial point: I have an XY-Plot with several data series. Everything works fine.

The next step: I want to highlight some the dots by by MouseHover. I allready have a Tooltip, but this seems not to be enough.

The step after that: Also to highlight other dots (not necessarily contained in the same series). Background (just the idea): The dots are sorted by two values and every series does contain dots with a similar relation between the two values. Some of the dots do share a common origin (so this is a third value) and I want to highlight all of the dots with the same origin.

Perhaps you can help me with that?

Regards,

blackwodka
Well, I might be sober sometimes.

mrubin

Re: Highlight multiple points by MouseHover / MouseOver

Post by mrubin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:55 am

You can see Dave Gilbert's reply in StackOverflow from 2014. I intend on asking him if JFreeChart 2.0 was ever built. If not, we have the option of building 2.0 and seeing if we can use it.

Moshe

mrubin

Re: Highlight multiple points by MouseHover / MouseOver

Post by mrubin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:31 am

If you're willing to build JFreeChart-FSE ("future state edition") you can get the lasso functionality. This forum submission tells you how to build it and how to access the functionality programmatically. I think this is the path I will be taking.

Moshe