Single axis zoom property disabling in a multi-axis chart

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
SystemsEngineer
antibot: No, of course not.

Single axis zoom property disabling in a multi-axis chart

Post by SystemsEngineer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to disable the zooming property for a single vertical axis (e.g. when it is a symbol axis) when there are multiple vertical axes in the chart. I know we can enable/disable zooming for the horizontal and vertical axis separately through the "chartPanel().setDomainZoomable(true/false)" and "chartPanel().setRangeZoomable(true/false)" commands but would it be possible to do something similar for each individual axis of the horizontal or vertical axis-set in a chart?

What I want to do is to be able to zoom in vertically in a data set series mapped to a vertical axis while at the same time another data set series mapped to another axis stays unaffected.

Additionally, it would be quite convenient I think, if we could change the zooming property of an axis directly through the specific axis's properties and not through the chart panel's (which affects all the domain or range axes), so that zooming becomes more "individualised".

Thanks in advance for your response!

paradoxoff

Re: Single axis zoom property disabling in a multi-axis char

Post by paradoxoff » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:34 pm

There is a patch to adress this issue: patch link.
The patch has been out there for more than two years, but was apparently never integrated.

SystemsEngineer
antibot: No, of course not.

Post by SystemsEngineer » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:01 pm

Thanks a lot paradoxoff! Your answer was helpful.

It would be nice though to have this feature integrated so that axes can be easily zoomed in and out individually and not in blocks of either range or domain axes.

paradoxoff

Post by paradoxoff » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:51 pm

Send a request to David.