StackedXYAreaChart and Tooltips

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
gennadius

StackedXYAreaChart and Tooltips

Post by gennadius » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:51 am

Hello all,

I noticed some threads regarding a bug in the StackedXYAreaRenderer and have followed the procedure to work-around it by setting the series rendering order to FORWARD.

My question is if there is an issue with tooltips as well? My chart was generating tooltips correctly as a standard XYArea chart, but when I switched it to Stacked, the tooltips stopped working. Every once in a while it will show up, and then it will refuse to generate tooltips again. It also seems like it only shows up right on the edge of the area as well.

I have tried setting both the overall tooltip generator, and the series specific ones. I am trying to use a StandardXYToolTipGenerator.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks-

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader
antibot: No, of course not.

Post by david.gilbert » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:49 am

The renderer is calculating the 'hotspot' for the tooltip as a small region around the data point (not the area), so you'll only see the tooltip at those points. It's something that needs fixing, so please file a bug report.
David Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

:idea: Read my blog
:idea: Support JFree via the Github sponsorship program

gennadius

Post by gennadius » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:24 pm

Will do. Thanks for the help! Is there an easy work-around for this temporarily? I haven't looked at the renderer itself yet, but is it something that I could sub-class?

Thanks again!