Two Y axis in a same Chart

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
Meyyarasu

Two Y axis in a same Chart

Post by Meyyarasu » Fri Mar 23, 2001 9:05 am

Hai,

I need to plot two time series in one chart. I did it too. But the problem is the values lies in two extreame ends(Ex : one lies between 100-1000 and the other at 150000-200000).So it does'nt looks good.

So I want to have two Y axis (one at left side and the other at the right side with corresponding range). Is it possible? If yes - how?

Pls....

Regards,
Meyyarasu

David Gilbert

RE: Two Y axis in a same Chart

Post by David Gilbert » Mon Mar 26, 2001 1:02 pm

Hi Meyyarasu,

It's not possible in the current version.

There is a feature request registered on SourceForge (id=406675) to add support for two plots on one chart, and this will (in some cases) require two axes for the range of values. So I think your requirement will can probably be incorporated within that request. You would end up with two XYPlots on the same chart, one using the left-hand axis and the other using the right-hand axis. Although in your case you don't need two plot types, there are other cases where you might want to combine say an XYPlot with a BarPlot (price/volume charts for stock prices are one example).

No work has been done on implementing this feature yet - if anyone has some spare time, please have a go!

Regards,

DG.