Plug-in problems

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
James

Plug-in problems

Post by James » Wed Apr 11, 2001 1:00 pm

I have created an applet which works fine in the appletviewer of JBuilder4 and Together4, but when it comes to running it in a web page using the sun plugin (as it is using swing) the chart frame is not displayed. I have a class called LineChart which extends JFrame. I use JFreeChartPanel to wrap the chart up (basically i followed the standard procedure shown in the pdf document).

Has anyone else had this problem and how do you think it could be solved. I am desperate to solve this as a lot rides on this applet. Anyone's help - greatly appreciated
James

David Gilbert

RE: Plug-in problems

Post by David Gilbert » Mon Apr 16, 2001 9:23 pm

Hi James,

I haven't seen this problem before, but then I don't work with applets much. A couple of ideas...

Try replacing your JFreeChartPanel with a standard component like a JButton and see if that displays. If not, your problem is outside JFreeChart.

If I remember correctly, the APPLET tag doesn't work with the plug-in, you need to create an HTML file using APPLET tags then run the converter program from Sun's website to generate HTML that uses some other (browser specific) tags.

Regards,

DG.