how to use it from jsp ???

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
majid

how to use it from jsp ???

Post by majid » Fri May 11, 2001 4:59 pm

Hi, could youb please tell me how to use JFreeChart from jsp pages.
Thanks

David Gilbert

RE: how to use it from jsp ???

Post by David Gilbert » Sun May 13, 2001 7:30 am

Matthew Wright has submitted some code (you can download it from the JFreeChart page) for using JFreeChart in JSPs. That's the best I can offer for now, as I don't know that much about server-side Java yet.

Another developer has just joined the JFreeChart project and has an interest in working on the JSP code, so hopefully you will see some improvements in this area soon.

Regards,

DG.

majid

Post by majid » Sun May 13, 2001 1:58 pm

Hi, could you please tell me where is the link for downloading jsp files,
thanks

majid

Post by majid » Sun May 13, 2001 1:58 pm

Hi, could you please tell me where is the link for downloading jsp files,
thanks

David Gilbert

Post by David Gilbert » Sun May 13, 2001 8:34 pm

It's on http://www.jrefinery.com/jfreechart/index.html some way down the page under the heading "Recent Contributions".

Alternatively, you can go straight to the ftp server with:

ftp://www.jrefinery.com/pub/jfreechart/taglibs.zip

Regards,

DG.

Nic

Post by Nic » Fri Jul 13, 2001 3:34 pm

Instead of trying to use the taglibs, I'm trying to use the jsp code that was posted on here a while ago, a in weblogic 5 environment running on Solaris.

I've brought down the eteks jar and set that up. Using their FAQ, i've done the 'System.setProperty()' calls to override the awt.toolkit to get round the X11 problem, and also used a java policy file to allow the permissions to be set.

However, my last problem is that when the code tries to use the new AWT setting....ie com.eteks.java2d.PJAGraphicsEnvironment, I get a class not found exception.

On further digging, it looks like I would have to append to the XBoot Classpath and add pja.jar - this change however, produces a core dump..

Any ideas?

Nic

test

Post by test » Fri Aug 17, 2001 12:13 pm

NO IDEA