Linux...

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
David Gilbert

Linux...

Post by David Gilbert » Wed May 16, 2001 10:27 pm

Just in case any of you are still using Windows ;-), I upgraded my Linux OS at the weekend (from RedHat 7.0 to 7.1) and I recommend it. JBuilder 4 Foundation runs great (included in RH7.1 Deluxe), Konqueror is a good web-browser (works well with SourceForge and all other sites I use), the KDE mail client is very solid, there's emacs, CVS, LaTeX (straight to PDF format with pdflatex), Acrobat Reader, plus Apache/PHP/MySQL for local testing of the website, plus so much more...try it for yourself and see.

Regards,

DG.

P.S. Did I mention GnuCash?

Juan M Aguera

RE: Linux...

Post by Juan M Aguera » Wed Jul 18, 2001 4:44 am

Hi David,

I'm developing under Linux 7.1 and like you said it's great environment. Also, I'm using JBuilder 4 and seems to be working perfect with the JFreechart library. However, Now I'm compiling and trying to run a line chart using the standard JDK 1.3.1 version provided by www.javasoft.com and JFreeChart seems to be some issues with the fonts configuration, it's compiling ok, however, I made a test under Linux and the line chart object is not showing the chart properly, it's just drawing the background an the chart title.

I'm still looking for the problem, and seems to be a font configuration issue.

By the way, I run the the same line chart example under windows2000 and works fine, but I need to get working the JFreecharts under Linux environments also.

Do you know any issues related with the standard fonts configuration used by java?. I was checking the JBuilder 4 environment (font.properties file) and they are using a different set of fonts. I would like to know if JFreeChart needs a particular fonts configuration.