Where to place JfreeChart

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
Zaman

Where to place JfreeChart

Post by Zaman » Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:10 pm

Hi,

I am trying to install JFreeChart package. As the Sun wants all compiled version of packages must be placed at C:\jdk1.3\jre\classes.

To do so, We place the package in the C:\jdk1.3\jre\classes and compile the package, so that the Java compiler interprets the class file if imported for use.

But, when extracted , JFreeChart creates its own folder jfreechart-0.5.6\source.

Now, I do not know which package I should compile , there are bunch of packages and where to place the package.

Another thing, how to download servlet ....war file,if i click in .war file, it shows some binary image. Please tell me how to download that.
Please help someone.

Joel

RE: Where to place JfreeChart

Post by Joel » Wed Jun 13, 2001 10:08 pm

Zaman,
Ok, first, when you extract JFreeChart, and it creates it's own folders, you should notice a com folder under jfreechart-0.5.6\source. If you were to keep going down this path, you should see all of the java files which (I think) you should need to compile still. So, simply copy the com folder to c:\jdk1.3\jre\classes, and you should be good to go.

Second, if you right click on the link for the .war file, there should be an option to "Save this link as.."(or something similar.) Just choose this option.

Cheers,
Joel