DateAxis - Refresh Ticks

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
vaio

DateAxis - Refresh Ticks

Post by vaio » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:47 pm

Hello All,

I am having a serious issue with the date axis in some of the charts, I am using. I want to print the start date and end date for the charts. By doing some research, I came to know about overriding of the refreshticks() method for the date axis. But I dont have any idea about using that method. can any one pls guide me and help me out from this issue. i am pretty new for jfreecharts..i just want to print the start date and end date for the charts..

Thanks

vaio

Post by vaio » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:06 am

Hello All,

Somehow, I could able to override the refresh ticks method with the required list of dates but i could not force to print the start date and end date ..
can anybody help me with this..do i have write something else inorder to force to print the start date and end date ?
any ideas, suggestions..it would help me a lot. got stuck with this one from 2 days...

thanks

Ines
antibot: No, of course not.

Re: DateAxis - Refresh Ticks

Post by Ines » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:33 pm

hello,

I'm pretty new to jfreechart too and i'm encountering the same problem as you did...i also want to print a specific date at the start of my chart and a specific date at the end. I'm working with a gantt chart. I have read so many forums telling me that i need either to override the refreshticks() method or to override the calculateLowestTickValue() one but I have no idea how to do this and how to use it after. Please if you could help me...
Thanks in advance.