font.properties

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
Juan M Aguera

font.properties

Post by Juan M Aguera » Wed Jul 18, 2001 4:17 am

Hi,

I'm trying to use JFreechart under linux 7.1 and have some problems trying to run a linechart using the standard jdk1.3.1 from www.javasoft.com In fact, I'm compiling the JFreechart code and seems to be compiling ok. However, the line chart is not shown all the way right, it's drawing just the background and the chart title. Now, I'm trying to debug the problem and seems to be a fonts issue, because I notice a problem calculating some fonts measurements. Does anyone know any issues related with JFreechart and fonts configuration?

Also, I would like to know if JFreechart is assuming the default fonts configuration provided by java or maybe needs a particular font configuration to work properly under linux.

By the way, I made a test under windows 2000 and works ok. I notice the issue just under Linux environment.

Thanks in advance.

Juan M Aguera.
jmac@powerdata.com

David Gilbert

RE: font.properties

Post by David Gilbert » Thu Jul 26, 2001 8:42 pm

Hi Juan,

I've also experienced one or two problems under RedHat 7.1. I think there are issues with the JVM on the latest version of Redhat - I'm hoping these will be resolved soon, as I'd hate to have to boot up Windows again!

Regarding fonts, here's a typical line from the demo program:

TextTitle title = new TextTitle("Value of GBP", new Font("Arial", Font.BOLD, 12));

So I've just assumed that a font with the name "Arial" exists (which I think is supposed to be available by default on all JVMs, but I may be wrong).

DG.