A few queries.

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
Jamima

A few queries.

Post by Jamima » Mon Aug 14, 2000 6:03 am

Hi there, love the product but have a couple of things I'd like to find out.
1) How can one disable the legend being disblayed on a graph?
2) If I am to create a Time Series chart and wish to display a months worth of data (one for each day of the month), and wish that on the horizontal axis that there be a label for each day of the month how would that be achieved... If that is not currently possible to achieve where and how should I ammend the source code to fulfill that requirement.
3) And an easy one to finish off with... when is the next release roughly expected to be out???

Thankyou.
Jamima.

David Gilbert

RE: A few queries.

Post by David Gilbert » Mon Aug 14, 2000 7:56 am

Jamima wrote:
> 1) How can one disable the legend being disblayed on a graph?

You can use null for a Legend, so:

myChart.setLegend(null);

> 2) If I am to create a Time Series chart and wish to display a
> months worth of data (one for each day of the month), and wish
> that on the horizontal axis that there be a label for each day
> of the month how would that be achieved... If that is not
> currently possible to achieve where and how should I ammend the
> source code to fulfill that requirement.

This is similar to an earlier post regarding the NumberAxis class. It should be possible to set autoTickUnits to false, then specify that you want the tick units to be 1 day. But the method required to do that is missing - I'll fix it and get back to you.

> 3) And an easy one to finish off with... when is the next
> release roughly expected to be out???

I plan to release what I have (version 0.6) before the middle of next week, because after that I'm on holiday for a month. Most of the changes are to the "internals", so you won't *see* a lot of differences. The major visual change is that I've integrated some code from another developer (David Berry) that allows charts to have multiple titles, including images.

Regards,

DG.