How to use Hibernate and JFreeChart ?

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
Farhan.Bajwa

How to use Hibernate and JFreeChart ?

Post by Farhan.Bajwa » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:35 am

Hi,
I am using JFreeChart for displaying dynamic charts in a java application, and also using Hibernate as a backend to store and retrieve data from database.
To display database data on charts, obviously hibernate is required.
Can I use hibernate to display data on charts ?

Thanks...

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader
antibot: No, of course not.

Re: How to use Hibernate and JFreeChart ?

Post by david.gilbert » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:46 pm

For flexibility, the JFreeChart classes "read" data via specific interfaces: PieDataset, CategoryDataset, XYDataset etc. We provide some default implementations of these interfaces for data that is stored in memory. I don't know anything about Hibernate, so I can't advise the best way to access the data that Hibernate is persisting for you. Maybe you can write some code to access the data and present it via the appropriate dataset interface, or maybe it is simpler to write some code to read the data and populate one of the dataset classes provided by JFreeChart (e.g. XYSeriesCollection). Either way, you are going to have to write some code.
David Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

:idea: Read my blog
:idea: Support JFree via the Github sponsorship program

ashlegha
antibot: No, of course not.

Re: How to use Hibernate and JFreeChart ?

Post by ashlegha » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:43 am

Is there a way to swap the hibernate button for the shut down button on the start menu? On my new vista laptop it has the hibernate button where the shut down one is on my computer and i find this really frustrating, is there a way i can change it so that it is the shut down button?