Tooltip box positioning problem

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
RohitDutt
antibot: No, of course not.

Tooltip box positioning problem

Post by RohitDutt » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi Techies,

I have stuck in such a senario where i am not able to see any ray of hope now. Finally i decided to post here.

We are using JFreeChart library for generating charts. Our application consists of two defferent portlets for displaying the quick view and detail view of exercise tracker.
quick view displays 5 bars in a chart while the detail view displays 6 bars. Tooltip is appearing at right place when displayed for quickview means 5 bars but in case of 6 bars it generates map only for 5bars only and even tooltip is appearing at different places other then bar positions. In my Jfreechart I am storing dataset for all 6 values n that is why chart is showing 6 bars. In same java class logs are showing 6map values. I took the viewsource of that page and for my wonder map being generated on html for tooltip is coming out only for 5 values. One more thing I matches the tooltip cordinates for both the cases 5bars n 6bars. Cordinates are same in both the cases and I guess this is the issue why tooltip is appearing at wrong place. N yes 5map values is another problem generating this issue,

I would appriciate if some one can help me in this.

Regards,
Rohit Sharma