Axes customization problem

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
hRaVeN
antibot: No, of course not.

Axes customization problem

Post by hRaVeN » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:02 am

Hello!

Firs of all, I would like to thank you so much for developing this library. It helps me a lot in my work.
I've already searched in the forum and in the docs for similar cases but i didn't find any similar thread.
My apologise If i have skimmed over this. I am experimenting with a TimeSeries chart.
Now, the chart starts with the time eg. 16:00:00 and it rotates after 24 hour. I am trying to make a chart that show a very long process (cca. 5000 hours), I really don't want this rotation. Actually, only need the elapsed hours, so the "h" format would be enough for me but without the rotation.
Something like this: in the x-axis: 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 ... 500 hours in stead of: 16 16 16 16 ... what i'm getting now :)
My second question is about the Y axis. I would like to show a changing thendency of a value (LED optical-current value).
The best way to demonstrate this is to use a percentage scale where a given constant means 100%. How could i do that?
Sorry if my description is blurred a little bit. I've uploaded an image to demonstrate my desire:
http://hollosy.hu/chart.jpg
If i could manage to do this with my chart, i would be happy, because this is a very important part of my program.
i would be grateful if you would give me some concrete code because i'm a newbie in JFreeChart, but like to experiment.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Adam