Axis lost!

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
RonaldoC7
antibot: No, of course not.

Axis lost!

Post by RonaldoC7 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi,
i had to display a dynamical chart picture in a web application. For this i want to use JFreeChart combined with primefaces.
It works fine for this kind of datset:

Code: Select all

dataset.addValue(1, "paper_1", "Begriff_1");
		dataset.addValue(5, "paper_2", "Begriff_1");
		dataset.addValue(4, "paper_3", "Begriff_1");

dataset.addValue(4, "paper_1", "Begriff_2");
		dataset.addValue(7, "paper_2", "Begriff_2");
		dataset.addValue(3, "paper_3", "Begriff_2");

dataset.addValue(3, "paper_1", "Begriff_3");
		dataset.addValue(6, "paper_2", "Begriff_3");
		dataset.addValue(2, "paper_3", "Begriff_3");

dataset.addValue(5, "paper_1", "Begriff_4");
		dataset.addValue(8, "paper_2", "Begriff_4");
		dataset.addValue(3, "paper_3", "Begriff_4");

dataset.addValue(5, "paper_1", "Begriff_5");
		dataset.addValue(4, "paper_2", "Begriff_5");
		dataset.addValue(6, "paper_3", "Begriff_5");
The image is generated correctly (See picture below):

When i try to display a dataset like this:

Code: Select all

dataset.addValue(5, "An Algorithm that Learns What", "imported");
	     dataset.addValue(2, "Unsupervised Models for Named Entity Classification", "imported");
	     dataset.addValue(1, "Improved Automatic Keyword Extraction Given More Linguistic Knowledge", "imported");
	     dataset.addValue(3, "Unsupervised Models for Named Entity Classification", "General");
	     dataset.addValue(1.5, "Automatic acquisition of hyponyms from large text corpora", "General");
	     dataset.addValue(3.5, "Automatic acquisition of hyponyms from large text corpora", "nlp");
	     dataset.addValue(1.5, "Automatic acquisition of hyponyms from large text corpora", "hearstpatterns");
	     dataset.addValue(6, "Automatic acquisition of hyponyms from large text corpora", "readingtheweb");
	     dataset.addValue(2, "The Automatic Creation of Literature Abstracts", "text");
	     dataset.addValue(8, "The Automatic Creation of Literature Abstracts", "abstracts");
	     dataset.addValue(5, "The Automatic Creation of Literature Abstracts", "automatic");
	     dataset.addValue(2, "The Automatic Creation of Literature Abstracts", "1958");
	     dataset.addValue(3, "The Automatic Creation of Literature Abstracts", "mining");
	     dataset.addValue(1, "The Automatic Creation of Literature Abstracts", "IBM");
	     dataset.addValue(2, "The Automatic Creation of Literature Abstracts", "creation");
	     dataset.addValue(3, "The Automatic Creation of Literature Abstracts", "literature");
	     dataset.addValue(2, "The Automatic Creation of Literature Abstracts", "wismasys0809");
The image is not displayed correctly and some axis get lost.
It looks like this:

When i integrate the secound dataset into a Java swing application it works fine. The dataset is exactly the same (see pic 3 below)

Has anyone experienced the same error?