High Low Chart Options

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
HansJurgen Greiner

High Low Chart Options

Post by HansJurgen Greiner » Sat Dec 01, 2001 8:10 pm

David,

I like what you have done and I am really pleased with the ease of use, and presentment of the JFreeChart.

I would like to make some enhancements. Since the com.jrefinery.data did not contain the source. I would like to request a a couple options.

1. is that a getPaintColor( int, int ) added to the HighLowDataset. Where a specific Paint Color can be returned or default. And of course a mod to the HighLowPlot would be required.

2. Is there already an option for the MouseMovements to be traced, and a bar showing the relevent position of the mouse?

3. Is there a Zoom Feature already? or are there plans to add a Zoom feature?

David Gilbert

RE: High Low Chart Options

Post by David Gilbert » Sat Dec 01, 2001 11:45 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

1. The dataset classes are all in the JCommon class library which you can download from here:

http://www.jrefinery.com/jcommon

I'd prefer not to code color information into the dataset, since this relates to presentation and the data should be just data. Feel free to modify the HighLowPlot class though...
2. I have some code for this (somewhere) that someone submitted. Let me find it and get it incorporated for the next version.

3. Zooming is on the to-do list, but I haven't started on it yet.

Regards,

DG.

HansJurgen Greiner

RE: High Low Chart Options

Post by HansJurgen Greiner » Sun Dec 02, 2001 4:05 pm

David,

Thanks for the reply. I have made a work around change in the interim to highlow plot, Although I do not find it as optimum as it could be.

regards,

Hans