how to change Jfreechart to awt chart

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
srikanth

how to change Jfreechart to awt chart

Post by srikanth » Mon Sep 25, 2000 11:08 am

i want to display charts in the browser without plugin.so i need to change the jfreechart to awt chart.i'm having problem in placing the chart in a panel as Jfreechartpanel class is not in awt.after changing that class to awt also i'm not getting the chart.but i'm able to compile it correctly and no exception is coming.could anyone
help me in getting an awt chart from jfreechart.
thanks in advance
srikanth

David Gilbert

RE: how to change Jfreechart to awt chart

Post by David Gilbert » Wed Sep 27, 2000 8:20 pm

Hi Srikanth,

I haven't looked too closely at where the line is drawn between Swing and AWT internals, so I'm not sure how difficult it would be to make JFreeChart work with just AWT. When I get back from holiday I'll take a look.

JFreeChart requires Java2D which I think is included only in version 1.2 and later - so the current browsers (last time I looked) won't support it without the Sun plug-in.

In theory, you could modify JFreeChart so that it doesn't make use of Java2D - it's not on my plan though. One or two other developers have asked for an AWT-only version...maybe if there is enough interest, someone (or even several people) will be willing to maintain a parallel version.

Regards,

DG.

Guillermo Rivas

RE: how to change Jfreechart to awt chart

Post by Guillermo Rivas » Thu Sep 28, 2000 3:29 am

Hi... I have the same problem with this software. it is very nice but i want to display charts in the browser without plugin, too.
thanks in advance

GR