Dynamic Vertical Bar Chart

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
Jim Kallenborn

Dynamic Vertical Bar Chart

Post by Jim Kallenborn » Tue Nov 28, 2000 4:05 pm

I am running JFreeChart as an applet and supplying data from an Oracle database. Recently some of the charts had all the bars on the chart exactly the same height and no bars plotted. The resultant chart was blank. I'm using the constructor in DefaultCategoryDataSource that accepts series and category names. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be true. I'm new to Java programming so may be making some simple mistake.

Andrzej Porebski

RE: Dynamic Vertical Bar Chart

Post by Andrzej Porebski » Tue Nov 28, 2000 5:32 pm

...Recently some of
the charts had all the bars on the chart exactly the same height and no bars plotted....

HI
Which one is it ? Did all the bars on the chart were exactly the
same height OR there were no bars at all ?

Which JFreechart version are you running? There were some problems in the past,
as I recall, that were popping up when all of the values for the
bar plot were the same.

Andrew

Jim Kallenborn

Post by Jim Kallenborn » Wed Nov 29, 2000 1:37 pm

I'm using jfreechart-0.5.4 and I modified JFreeChartDemo to make it into an applet. I'm running the applet from within a PLSQL program off an Oracle web server and feeding the applet with parameters extracted from and Oracle database using SQL select.

David Gilbert

Post by David Gilbert » Thu Nov 30, 2000 2:03 pm

Hi Jim,

This problem was fixed in version 0.5.5 and is hopefully still fixed in the current version (0.5.6).

Regards,

DG.

lei pei

Post by lei pei » Fri Dec 08, 2000 11:28 pm

I'm using jfreechart-0.5.6. If I reset categories, I had all the bars on the chart exactly the same height except the first bar and the last bar.