servlet problem..

A discussion forum for the JCommon class library.

servlet problem..

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:46 am

when ever i update servlet an restart jfreechart1.0.1.jar does't get loaded..
from my windows system using ssh ... then i hav to got server(linux) room n restart tomcat there ..
tel me some solution .. so tat i can load jar file using ssh..

Mimil
JFreeReport Staff Member

Post by Mimil » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:51 am

Hi,

hum, you should provide us a little more explanations else we will not be able to help you.
So, look to all the log files you have (tomcat, your application, ...) to find where/what is the real problem. And if you can't find the solution by yourself, come back in here.
A student of JFree & Pentaho Academies

Bye,
Cedric Pronzato

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:19 am

yes , i tried looking into log files..
the logs says.. ChartServlet caused exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError at org.jfree.chart.ChartFactory.createPieChart(ChartServlet)..
its actually bcoz jfreechart library does't get load.. while mysql driver gets loaded ..

are there any dependency regarding xwindow because i don't cant export display from linux to my windows system using ssh..
if so how to disable such dependency.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:59 am

java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

i don't get this message in log if i restart tomcat from linux system.

Mimil
JFreeReport Staff Member

Post by Mimil » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Hi,

you should specify to java that it is running whithout a graphical server by defining the variable java.awt.headless to the value true.
For more informations go to this related post : http://www.jfree.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... df6f1ca8ec
A student of JFree & Pentaho Academies

Bye,
Cedric Pronzato