Netbeans / Projects / Librairies / JCommon

A discussion forum for the JCommon class library.
Chavadam

Netbeans / Projects / Librairies / JCommon

Post by Chavadam » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:10 pm

Dear,
In my new application, I call "... new PainMap()" in a file/class.
At compilation (build project) : No error. At run-time well ("Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException").
Entering the PaintMap.java file (javadoc), I oberved that "
import org.jfree.io.SerialUtilities;
import org.jfree.util.PaintUtilities;
" is underligned in red by the NetBeans IDE 5.5 "life compiler".
When I position the cursor on one of them, I get the message "package org.jfree.io does not exist".

Nevertheless, I'm using the jcommon-1.0.9.jar downloaded together with the JFreechart download (jfreechart-1.0.5\lib\jfreechart).
I verify several times that the paths in 'Classpath', 'Sources' and 'Javadoc' that I'm using in the 'Library Manager' are correct. In the left window with 'Projects' tab and "Librairies" folder, one can see the "JCommon - jcommon-1.0.9.jar" librairy with "org.jfree.io" and "org.jfree.util" packages appearing amongst all the other "org.jfree..." of this JCommon library.

An idea ?
Thanks to answer me.

Chavadam

Post by Chavadam » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:05 pm

I found the reason :
In NetBeans IDE / Projects / Librairies , the 'jcommon-1.0.9.jar' file has to appear above the 'jfreechart-1.0.5.jar' file.
You can drag and drop the rows of librairy names ('jcommon-1.0.9.jar' above 'jfreechart-1.0.5.jar'), but the IDE makes that 'jcommon-1.0.9.jar' always returns under the position of 'jfreechart-1.0.5.jar'.
Solution : In the Library Manager, delete JCommon (with only 'Drive:\JCOMMON_HOME\lib\jcommon-1.0.9.jar' in the Classpath), announce this jar file in JFreeChart (Drive:\JFREECHART_HOME\lib\jfreechart-1.0.5.jar), and move the first above the latter.
It results that the 'jcommon-1.0.9.jar' label moves up above the 'jfreechart-1.0.5.jar' label in the IDE / Projects / Librairies also and that the red lines (life compiling) disapear after one second.
:?