SortButtonRenderer on Mac OS

A discussion forum for the JCommon class library.
gid79

SortButtonRenderer on Mac OS

Post by gid79 » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:03 am

I have been trying to use the sortable table classes from jcommon on Mac OS. I've found that the table header cells fail to renderer correctly when using the Mac look and feel.

The cause I believe is that buttons under Aqua are to large to renderer the border and the text in the space available.

I have prepared a new version of SortButtonRenderer that works around this problem. The change/hack is to use JLabels for the renderer components when the look and feel is aqua.

couple of questions:

- Who, if anyone do I send the code to?
- What formating/code style should I use. I need to run it through something like Jalopy to return it to it's former style

Gareth Davis

Taqua
JFreeReport Project Leader

Post by Taqua » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:02 pm

Hi,

this code should either be sent to David Gilbert (david.gilbert@object-refinery.com) or you can submit it at sourceforge in the patch-tracker (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=31 ... unc=browse).

We use Checkstyle to enforce the codestyle rules, but as modern IDEs do a pretty good job at formating code, I guess it is non-fatal if the code is inproperly formated.

Have more fun,
said Thomas

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader
antibot: No, of course not.

Post by david.gilbert » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:22 pm

The JCommon code is still in the JFreeChart CVS for "historical" reasons, so you can submit your patch at the JFreeChart project page at SourceForge.

It doesn't matter too much about the formatting you have in the code you submit, I don't mind...I do like consistency though, so every now and then I run Checkstyle over the whole JFreeChart/JCommon source tree and tidy things up. But good code in any format is much better than bad code in some arbitrary "preferred" format.
David Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

:idea: Read my blog
:idea: Support JFree via the Github sponsorship program