question about SWT support

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
dsw2

question about SWT support

Post by dsw2 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:26 am

Hello all,

I have a question about the experimental SWT charting component. I was on the verge of taking a deep dive into the SWT_AWT integration layer to reuse the current Swing-based viewing framework from inside my app, until I started playing around with the native SWT ChartComposite class. This component does everything that I need it to do (Zoom in/out, basic property settings)….all except for one crucial function, and that’s Copying the chart to the clipboard.

So now I’m at a crossroads right now. Figure out how to do the SWT_AWT integration like I originally planned, or attempt fill the gap and implement the clipboard copying myself. Honestly I was leaning towards the second option because this ChartComposite is just sooooooo close to being complete, but the more I look into this the technical details start to overwhelm my skill level.

So my question is there going to be any further development on this SWT component?

Thanks,
Dave

matinh

Re: question about SWT support

Post by matinh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:19 am

Hi Dave!

JFreeChart is developed by the community. This means if someone is going to write code for the SWT subproject, development will go on. Otherwise not.

This said, as far as I know, no one is currently working on it. But this was also true for the whole JFreeChart project a year ago ;-)

hth,
- martin

fahrenheit
antibot: No, of course not.

Re: question about SWT support

Post by fahrenheit » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Hello,

If you wish you can use the code http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de ... tid=315494 here to use the latest version of JFreeChart with SWT.
Almost all the ChartPanel functionalities were ported/update to SWT, copy is also included using the same method as ChartPanel.

Regards,