question about SWT support

A free public discussion forum for the JFreeChart class library.

question about SWT support

Postby dsw2 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:26 am

Hello all,

I have a question about the experimental SWT charting component. I was on the verge of taking a deep dive into the SWT_AWT integration layer to reuse the current Swing-based viewing framework from inside my app, until I started playing around with the native SWT ChartComposite class. This component does everything that I need it to do (Zoom in/out, basic property settings)….all except for one crucial function, and that’s Copying the chart to the clipboard.

So now I’m at a crossroads right now. Figure out how to do the SWT_AWT integration like I originally planned, or attempt fill the gap and implement the clipboard copying myself. Honestly I was leaning towards the second option because this ChartComposite is just sooooooo close to being complete, but the more I look into this the technical details start to overwhelm my skill level.

So my question is there going to be any further development on this SWT component?

Re: question about SWT support

Postby matinh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:19 am

Hi Dave!

JFreeChart is developed by the community. This means if someone is going to write code for the SWT subproject, development will go on. Otherwise not.

This said, as far as I know, no one is currently working on it. But this was also true for the whole JFreeChart project a year ago ;-)

- martin

Re: question about SWT support

Postby fahrenheit » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:39 pm

If you wish you can use the code ... tid=315494 here to use the latest version of JFreeChart with SWT.
Almost all the ChartPanel functionalities were ported/update to SWT, copy is also included using the same method as ChartPanel.

Return to JFreeChart - General