Problem with long x-axis label

A discussion forum for the Eastwood Chart Servlet.
Rtone

Problem with long x-axis label

Post by Rtone » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:00 am

Hello,

First i want to thanks David for his very usefull API.

I have to use Eastwood to make an offline demo version of my webapp so i try to obtain as far as possible the same render than Google API without modification.

It works almost fine but i have a graphic bug with my x-axis because it's too long :

rtone.fr/images/chart_eastwood.jpg

There's no problem with Google API.

rtone.fr/images/chart_google.jpg

Is it possible to fix it ?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my horrible english :)

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader
antibot: No, of course not.

Post by david.gilbert » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:03 am

One option to fix this would be to right align the right-most tick label instead of centering it on the tick mark. This would then require some other changes to ensure that the right-aligned label doesn't overlap with the preceding label...it's tricky. I'll come back to this.
David Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

:idea: Read my blog
:idea: Support JFree via the Github sponsorship program

nickl

Re: Problem with long x-axis label

Post by nickl » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:01 am

Same problem here, i'm using date for my label and half of the last one is hidden.

Another option to fix this is to apply margin (&chma=) but it's not implented yet :cry:

miek

Re: Problem with long x-axis label

Post by miek » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:25 pm

I was going to post about a new topic but I think my problem actually relates to this.

My x-label (in this case day of month) is currently wrapping so that instead of "30", it becomes "3" with a "0" below it. I guess the easiest way to fix this would be to reduce font size, but obviously 'chxs' (axis styles) has not been implemented yet? Is it so that currently my only option to set font size would be to do it using init-params?

Thanks for your help in advance, and for the great project!