more colours in version 0.7.1

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
beltree

more colours in version 0.7.1

Post by beltree » Tue May 06, 2003 12:31 pm

Hello,

I am using version 0.7.1 of jfree due to restrictions in java version (1.2)allowed for the project I am currently working in.

The problem is that I need to display more than 9 colors in the graphics, in order to clearly separate different data.

Does anybody know if it is possible to increase the number of colors displayed? If so, could you tell me how to do it?

Thank you very much in advance :)

Taqua
JFreeReport Project Leader

Post by Taqua » Wed May 07, 2003 12:34 am

Hi,

you could try to downport JFreeChart to JDK 1.2.2.

The current CVS version is now JDK 1.2.2 compatible, so getting and using this version would be a solution for your problem. If you dont want to upgrade to that release (as all sources moved to package org.jfree) , you could try to modify one of the older releases. But if you can afford the time, I would suggest you use the latest release, as the org.jfree-packages will be used for all later releases. And in case you want to upgrade later, you will have to upgrade then ...

For the latest JFreeChart, only some of the Demo classes (Swing-releated) needed to be fixed, and there was a minor fix needed for the DynamicTimeSeries. I haven't had a look at the older releases, but chances are extremly high, that these versions also require just these minor fixes to be compliant.

Have more fun,
said Thomas

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader
antibot: No, of course not.

Post by david.gilbert » Wed May 07, 2003 4:21 pm

Thanks Thomas,

I will try to maintain the JDK 1.2 compatibility from JFreeChart version 0.9.9 onwards.

Regards,

Dave Gilbert