Getting and installing

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
IanGraham
antibot: No, of course not.

Getting and installing

Post by IanGraham » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:55 am

Hallo from Wales UK, and thank you for allowing me to join the forum. I hope I have chosen the appropriate section to post into.

I have had Linux-based computers as my main desktop/online portal for 4 or five years now (first Zorin and now Trisquel). (I'm basically a Win-10 refugee).

I would like to install a music OCR application to run under Trisquel. I have 'found' OpenOMR and downloaded its package. The Readme.txt then tells me:
"This project makes use of the Joone and JFreeChart packages. Make sure to download them and install them in an appropriate place."

I would be grateful for some guidance how to do this.
Is it a matter of a "sudo apt-get install ######" command-line?

(Please be gentle with me! I do use the command line but am really happier with GUI-based controls.)
Many thanks for any info or advice forthcoming.

Sincerely
Ian Graham

IanGraham

Re: Getting and installing

Post by IanGraham » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:32 pm

I take it that the fact this post is now 'up' means that at least the moderator has seen it. If, in the absence of any response from forum members, s/he is able to make any comment, I would be very grateful
Sincerely
Ian Graham

John Matthews

Post by John Matthews » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:30 pm

You can download prior versions of JFreeChart from here. At a guess based on date, v1.0.17 was extant then; it should include a compatible version of JCommon. I've never seen package installers; I just put the JARs on the class path.

IanGraham

Post by IanGraham » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:45 am

Thank you, John. I was with you as far as " put the JARs on the class path ", which I'm afraid is 'above my paygrade" !
Sincerely
Ian G.

John Matthews

Post by John Matthews » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:09 pm

Your odyssey is just beginning. Start here, and then try this, substituting whatever JAR version numbers are expected by your music library:

Code: Select all

java -cp lib/jfreechart-1.0.19.jar:lib/jcommon-1.0.23.jar org.jfree.chart.demo.TimeSeriesChartDemo1

IanGraham

Post by IanGraham » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:08 pm

Thank you