Including JFreeChart-1.0.0-rc1.jar in my jar

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
AndyKorth

Including JFreeChart-1.0.0-rc1.jar in my jar

Post by AndyKorth » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:28 pm

Hello all,
I'm working on a GPL project that uses JFreeChart, and I'd like to deploy it using Java Web Start.

However, this requires that all of your resources must be inside that jar file. My previous jar file distrobutions have left the JFreeChart jar in a folder next to my jar, and that's worked fine. However, my google searching and reading sun's documentation has not helped me.

Does anyone know how I can include JFreeChart inside my jar?

Thanks in advance!

-Andy

Mimil
JFreeReport Staff Member

Post by Mimil » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:53 am

Hi,

as far as I know, it is not possible to include a jar in an other jar. The only one way is to add the JFreeChart source directory to your project but I don't know if the license allows it.
But is it a problem to have it separatly? I guess JavaWebStart is also able to deploy libraries of an application. It should just be a matter of configuration.
A student of JFree & Pentaho Academies

Bye,
Cedric Pronzato

AndyKorth

Post by AndyKorth » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:14 pm

Thanks for your help, I was kind of afraid that would be the answer. The desktop version of my program is deployed with it seperately, that works well.

I'll take a closer look at the ARCHIVE tags and other strange complicated parts of the JavaWebStart protocol, hopefully that will do the trick.

Thanks again,

Andy