confusing charting problem

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
Allyson Gwin

confusing charting problem

Post by Allyson Gwin » Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:30 pm

This is very hard to explain so please bear with me. I have 3 tables on my form. One is for setups, one is for objects and one is for points. Each setup contains one or more objects. Each objects contains 1 or more points. Each object has some characteristics that apply to all its points. When plotting a whole setup, I need to individually mark each point as to what object it is coming from by these characteristics. Here is an example:

Setup1:
Object1: Object Type: Building Screening Type: High
Object2: Object Type: Tower Screening Type: Photo

So each point that belongs to object type1 has building and high as its characteristics. I need to identify those in the graph and label them either on the bottom of the graph or the side. Here is what I want the graph to look like (as best as I can anyway):

|
| x x y
|
| x y
|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
x - building (These would be connected with lines to make a graph).
y - tower (These would be connected with lines to make a graph).
red line - high (This would be the color of the line connecting the x's).
blue line - photo (This would be the color of the line connecting the y's).

Ideally, the x and y would also be the color of the lines. I would rather not have x's and y's. More like shapes or something.

I don't know if I am explaining it right or not. Does anyone understand? Can anyone help me out? This might be too advanced for jfreechart, but I hope not since that is the charting system I have chosen. Thanks.

Allyson

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader
antibot: No, of course not.

Post by david.gilbert » Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:36 pm

Could you put together a sample using a drawing program, and e-mail it to me? Or post it on the web somewhere accessible?

Regards,

Dave Gilbert

ajgwin

Post by ajgwin » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:14 pm

I sent you an email with a word document that has a chart that I would like mine to look like. Thanks.

Allyson

ajgwin

Post by ajgwin » Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:34 pm

David -

Did you get my email? I hope so. I am desperate to get this done soon as I have a demo to give next Thursday. Thanks.

Allyson Gwin