Bolding plot lines in JFree chart

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
jesmith
antibot: No, of course not.

Bolding plot lines in JFree chart

Post by jesmith » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:15 pm

I am working on a jfreechart replacement for some current graphs we build with php and javascript. I need 2 line graphs overlaid on the same chart. 1 shows traffic in 5 minute intervals, the other some the same graphic smoothed over a 15 minute span. I have gotten both datasets to display on the same graph.

What I need help with is how to make the 15 minute average graph line show in bold (and in the same color as the 5 minute line). That way the more varied data points are visible but not as much as the smoothed line.

I need this becuase ultimately the graph will show 6 data sets. A 5 and 15 minute graph for today, yesterday, and this day last week. And I want each days' graphs to have the same color (today is blue, yesterday is red, last week is green.)

I have tried to set the basePaint and baseStroke on the renderer for the 15 minute graph, but they seem to be ignored. Using the XYLineAndShapeRenderer.

Any suggestions. I would check the documentation but my company won't buy the developer guide until we can prove this works for us, and the API/JavaDoc isn't very helpful.