problem using JfreeChart in Linux

A discussion forum for JFreeChart (a 2D chart library for the Java platform).
MoRph

problem using JfreeChart in Linux

Post by MoRph » Tue May 25, 2004 4:22 pm

Hello,

I have the following problem:

I'm working remotely on a Java (GUI) application that is installed on a Linux computer. The application uses JfreeChart for displaying graphs.

Now, in Windows everything works fine, but in Linux I can't see the graphs. What I get is just the Java frame for displaying the graph, but the frame itself is empty, the graph is not shown. I don't get any errors, only these warnings:
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.jfree.chart.JFreeChart).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

I'm using JfreeChart 0.9.17 en j2sdk 1.4.2_01
I am connected to the remote pc through another pc using ssh with X11 forwarding enabled. I can see my own gui application but I can't see the graphs generated by JfreeChart.

Thanks in advance for al your help.

MoRph

Mimil
JFreeReport Staff Member

Post by Mimil » Tue May 25, 2004 8:16 pm

Hi,

WoW, that is really weird. I can't help you but i would like to know the answer about this matter :P

Bye,
Mimil

MoRph

Post by MoRph » Tue May 25, 2004 9:01 pm

Ok, apparently is does work. It just takes a very very very very VERY long time before the chart is shown (it can take up to a few minutes).
I don't really know the cause of this, maybe its a slow connection (but my application has no problems with this), or maybe it's caused by the slow computer it is running on (i guess a PII or PIII 500-700 MHz).

Well, thanks anyway :-)

C ya