Undeploy Tomcat fails on JCommon jar

A discussion forum for the JCommon class library.
andreasguther

Undeploy Tomcat fails on JCommon jar

Post by andreasguther » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:46 pm

We recently started to integrate JFreeChar 1.0.3 into our web application and we are very pleased with the outcome.

Unfortunately our automated deploy cycle on Tomcat 5.5.20 fails now on the jcommon.jar (1.0.6) file.

While Tomcat undeploys the application all files can be deleted from the container except the jcommon.jar. If Tomcat is not able to delete all files, the undeploy is not complete and a new deploy will fail. We have to shut down Tomcat in order to delete the jcommon jar file.

To isolate the problem I have installed the CeWolf demo war application and the problem is repeatable here as well. (sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=57282 - I am a new user and cannot insert a URL right now.).

To reproduce the problem just open the CeWolf demo page and then try to undeploy the application with the Tomcat Manager. You will notice that Tomcat removes the entry from the application list but if you inspect the webapp folder the application is still there (with on jar file, guess which).

My question: Is this a known problem? If so, are there fixes available or in work?

Currently I am planing to move the jcommon jar file in the Tomcat shared lib folder, but this seems to me is just a workaround and the problem probably is inside the jcommon library.

david.gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader
antibot: No, of course not.

Post by david.gilbert » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:09 pm

I don't work with web apps enough to understand this problem...is it caused by something that JCommon is doing? Can anyone else shed some light on this?
David Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

:idea: Read my blog
:idea: Support JFree via the Github sponsorship program

andreasguther

Post by andreasguther » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:57 pm

Probably this sub-forum is not the right place to ask the question? I think it might be more the usage of the jcommon library that is causing the problem. I will repeat the question in the JFreeChart forum, if that makes sense.

jan.kurs

Re: Undeploy Tomcat fails on JCommon jar

Post by jan.kurs » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:59 pm

This is a problem of Tomcat, not JCommon.jar. This solution helped to me:

Tweak Tomcat/conf/context.xml by adding either or both attributes
(antiJARLocking antiResourceLocking) to the <context> tag (set them to "true")